Mayde To Work Job Fair

Back to Article
Back to Article

Mayde To Work Job Fair

Photo Courtesy of CTE/ELE Department

Photo Courtesy of CTE/ELE Department

Photo Courtesy of CTE/ELE Department

Photo Courtesy of CTE/ELE Department

Amanda Brown, Editor-In-Chief

Mayde Creek High School is officially hosting the ‘Mayde to Work’ job fair and curriculum night. The event occurs on Wednesday, January 15 of the 2020 year’s spring semester, and pre-registration is required for job seekers.

In order to apply for a job, attendees must be at least 16 years old and have valid documentation to work in the United States. There will be many military branches, trade schools, and several local companies showcasing booths with information and job opportunities.

“My expectations are to connect students with employers so students can more easily find opportunities, especially if they do not plan to attend a traditional four year college,” event organizer Stacy Hammond said.

If you know an employer who would like to showcase their company or higher learning institute please have them contact Mr. Aulds for more details via email at [email protected]sd.org or by phone at (281)237-1323 .

Simultaneous to the job fair will be a showcase event in the main halls of MCHS for clubs and organizations to present their offerings to underclassmen and eighth graders who are preparing to choose their electives for the 2020-2021 school year.

The events will be conducted between 6 and 8 p.m.  The job fair is being organized through the CTE/ELE Department.